Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Life as a Teacher this year...


So this has been my life as late...    sorry I have not been around much, but life has gotten in the way...
Between my class, " Showing Student Growth in Art " from The Art of Education, (which by the way was excellent! I learned so much and got to bounce ideas off some great educators! I will definitely be back to take another class!), finalizing my SGO data for this school year, compiling and uploading all my evidence for Domain 4 ( as well as filling out the 5 templates for the 5 different sections and writing a summary for each...sigh...) of our new teacher evaluation system here in NJ and 3d marking period grades I have all I can do to remember what day it is! ( picture mindless zombies from the Walking Dead bouncing into things, yeah, that's been me ) As each item has been completed I would literally feel weight being lifted off my shoulders...  :)


When I finished up my Domain 4 summaries on Sunday morning I closed the lap top, got up and began to dance with joy ( Snoopy came to mind ) !!! My 14 year old daughter gave me a bizarre  "What in God's name is Mom doing!?!" look... I said to her, " You have NO idea..." and continued to dance  :)


Grades go in this weekend... next Thursday is the last day of school before Spring Break... 
(sigh of relief...)
:)


4 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel, mrs. C! I am on my break this week and it has been nice to decompress. This year has been full of new, professional "opportunities" for me as well, and although I have grown from it, I haven't been able to really focus on the part of my job I love the most. I am going to try to reel it back in next year and really focus on my time with the kids. I say that and we are supposed to be introduced to our new SLO's next year, ahhh! Oh well, congrats on getting your work done and enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hope!
    Decompress is exactly what I need! I feel that I learned a lot this year about so many things but in the process I feel that I also lost a lot of time with the kids that we can't get back... so much assessment and paperwork... Good luck with your SLO's... it's a crazy ride...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a quote I could be living by lately myself. Why everything at once? i need a break, hope you get some rest this weekend.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you from Meredith's blog. I find your thoughts so interesting. My son is in his first year Teaching 300 students spanish. 6, 7, and 8th graders. ITs a challenge!

    ReplyDelete