Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Fabric Love...

 

I have a great passion for fabric and yarns... I spent a lot of time in my youth going to fabric stores with my mother to pick out patterns and fabric for clothing. My mother made a lot of the clothes we wore as children, I always had originals! People would always ask where I bought what I was wearing and I would proudly say that my mother made it! Sadly there are very few fabric stores in my area any more... I found this beauty at JoAnn's Fabrics this past Friday. While others were running around looking for Black Friday specials ( which mind you I think is pure lunacy... ) My mother, my daughter and I took my coupons for JoAnn's and went a shopping!( after lunch, there were really no crowds out at all! ) My daughter does not share my love for wandering through fabric and yarn but she did find a few goodies while we were there! I actually went to stock up on yarn for an afghan I am making my Mom for Christmas. I was wandering in the upholstery fabrics and came across this fabric and instantly fell in love! When I saw the price I literally choked! I bemoaned and groaned about buying it, not buying it...  my daughter told me that if I didn't buy some she was going to have to listen to me complain about not buying it, so... I sucked it up and bought a half of a yard...it was on sale and I used my teacher discount. It's just enough to make myself a new bag to cart all my stuff back and forth to school. It will be my Christmas break project! It's sitting folded by my sewing machine and I smile every time I look at it! My daughter thinks I'm nuts but those of you that love fabrics also know what I mean!  :)


2 comments:

  1. I love it and I don't even love fabrics. I love yarn of course. I am always happy to use my coupons at Joann's if appropriate and now they even have one you can pull up on your phone.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend, it is very well written article, thank you for the valuable and useful information you provide in this post. Keep up the good work! FYI, please check these

    art, drawing tips and drawing secrets related articles:

    How to Sketch

    Doodle Art

    Learn how to make a painting

    How To Draw Simple Cartoon

    Create Doodle Art


    You can also contact me at arthackers0172@gmail.com for link exchange, article exchange or for advertisement.

    Thanks a lot

    Dhruv

    ReplyDelete