Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Cubist Ocean Scenes - 3d Grade



Here are some watercolor paintings that my third graders did in September.  This is by far one of my favorite lessons that we did this year!  I found the idea on Artsonia in the lesson ideas section.  I don't remember the exact name of the lesson and couldn't find it again when I looked, so sorry , I couldn't link it to that exact lesson.  If it is your lesson, please let me know so I can give you credit!  If I remember correctly, I believe it was a lesson for middle school and I adapted it to fit the needs and objectives for my third graders.  The students loved the lesson and it was a great kick-off for the school year!  We studied several different cubist paintings and pictures of sea life before getting started.  I drew up drawing directions for making many different types of fish and sea life.  We also used the ocean drawing books in the art room for ideas.  Enjoy!

















2 comments:

  1. Great blog, I love the layout...I like your lessons they're really very creative, and teaching perspective to 5th grade is no easy task, the lesson your did for it came out great! I'm glad I came across your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to give credit for the layout to my husband! I told him what I wanted and he designed it. I am still "in training" when it comes to computers! Happy Blogging! :)

      Delete